Haywood Fitness: The Best Time of Day to Workout-Exercising in the Morning vs. At Night

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Best Time of Day to Workout-Exercising in the Morning vs. At Night


Everyone has their own opinions on when the best time of day is to workout or exercise.  The article below explains the benefits of early morning exercise and evening exercising.  It truly is very subjective.  Dependent on your personality, your schedule, and many other things.  My best advice is to stick to a time that will allow you to make it a habit or routine.  If you can workout only from 6-7pm then make that your workout hour each night.  Also take into consideration a time that will allow you to give 100%.  I know that my morning workouts lack enthusiasm and are usually cut short.  I simply cannot drag myself outta bed early in the morning and get my mind to focus.  I've tried it and it just doesn't work for me.  My best time to workout is anytime after 2pm it seems.  On weekends I have the flexibility to be able to workout earlier in the evening, which I prefer.  On weekdays I have to wait until after I get off work and mentally prepare myself for the workout, and I end up workout out around 6:30pm.  The moral of the story is...find the time that works best for you, a time that you can be totally focused and 100% committed to your workout.  You will see better results and feel like you are making the most of your time.  Plus if you are like me, you get to sleep in.

If you’re looking to finally get healthy, I CAN HELP! That’s what I do, and I’d love to help you reach your fitness goals. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at dhaywood50@gmail.com  Also you can sign up below for a free account to make me your coach.


Exercise: What is the Best Time of Day? - Exercise and Fitness Tips with Workout Routines, and Mind - Body Fitness on MedicineNet.com:

No comments: