Tips for Exercising While Pregnant:
1. Eat extra calories if you are working out. On average you should consume about three hundred extra calories while pregnant. If you are working out you should increase those calories.
2. Avoid contact sports- for example, skiing, mountain biking, and soccer. You also want to keep in mind that your balance will be messed up so you want to watch doing anything that needs any extra coordination.
3. Wear lose, comfortable clothes that will allow you stay cool
4. Avoid lying flat on your back after the 1st Trimester. If you want to do ab exercises after the 1st trimester you will want to do them standing up
5. It is okay to run while pregnant-if you ran before you got pregnant. Listen to your body and do what feels right. If you begin feeling uncomfortable then stop.
6. Don't get stuck on the heart rate thing. It is better to remember to just not work out to the point of exhaustion or get out of breath. You should be able to carry on a conversation.
7. If you didn't work out before you got pregnant you can workout while pregnant just keep it to light walking or low intense workouts. Now is not the time to get in shape or try something new.
There are TONS of benefits to working out while pregnant. It is good for you and the baby and can even help ease pregnancy side effects as well as help with an easier labor.