Haywood Fitness: Book Review- Push by Chalene Johnson

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Book Review- Push by Chalene Johnson









You have probably heard me talk about how much I appreciate Chalene Johnson's workouts (such as Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam, Chalean Extreme).  As you know, I am currently in my 2nd month of Turbo Fire and loving it. Well, I recently started reading Chalene's book "Push". I love the layout of the book.

 The first part of the book is a 30 day challenge to read a chapter for 30 days and each day do the exercises they suggest. Now, these are more mental exercise, not physical. She refers to them as your daily Push. For example,  the first  Push exercise has you thinking about and writing out your priorities. 

 The next section of the book after the 30 day PUSH shows different exercises to do, and then the final section of the book has tons of great, quick recipes. The books has pictures and it is an easy read. It feels more like reading a magazine lay-out rather than a book. Trust me, after my long days it takes a special type of book (like this one) to keep my attention and not make me fall asleep! 

This book has really, truly been the extra PUSH that I need to stay encouraged to stick with my Turbo Fire series. I have only completed three days of the push challenge exercises and I  appreciate the way they help me self-reflect and stay motivated to continue to make positive changes in my life. 


If you are interested in finding out more information on any of Chalene's Work-out DVD's follow this link and sign up for a free account.

No comments: