Haywood Fitness: Should I go Vegan?

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Should I go Vegan?

vegan


Should I go vegan?


I have a few memories of me mocking my sister at the dinner table for her vegetarian choices. I remember one dinner in particular making my fried chicken bock at her and laughing. I loved meat growing up and I didn't understand where she (or other vegetarians) were coming from-who could ever give up eating meat?!!  Even just a year ago my love for meat rang true when I was doing the Body Beast workouts and trying to pack on the protein-we live in a nation where it is drilled in our head-the more protein the better!!! However, it wasn't until my step-mom came down with cancer, I watched the documentary "Forks Over Knives", and I read the book "The Engine 2 Diet" that realized how wrong my thinking was. Meat is actually causing cancer and many other health problems. Also, we are consuming far more protein then we need to.  I have found the jump from loving meat into becoming a Vegan extremely difficult. So, I am following a lot of principles from the "Vegan Before Six (VB6)" plan. I am trying to eat Vegan as much as possible but a lot of times I end up following more vegetarian principles and then a few times a week I cave in and eat some meat and indulge in ice cream for dessert. I hope to eventually eat all vegan but right now I am taking baby steps. Here are some interesting facts and tips I have learned on my new journey. In another post I will be sharing some recipes I have tried!

1.  Eating less meat and more fruits and vegetables can prevent cancer

2. Take baby steps

3. Plants are great sources of protein

 

Hopefully this information will be helpful to you.  If you are looking for a great Vegan Meal Replacement Health Shake that is packed with vitamins, nutrients, superfoods, etc... check out Shakeology.

 

 

No comments: