Haywood Fitness: 3 Day Shakeology Cleanse Review

Monday, June 4, 2012

3 Day Shakeology Cleanse Review


I will preface by saying that I love Shakeology and have been using it as my everyday breakfast for about 6 months.  It truly is the best tasting shake I have ever tried (Chocolate flavor anyways).  Most shakes taste "chalky" and have an aftertaste, Shakeology doesn't.  It is a great way for me to get all my nutrients in one easy to make shake.  Now on to the Cleanse review.

I recently completed the 3 day Shakeology Cleanse.  In just 3 days I lost 9 lbs.  It was probably the easiest cleanse I have ever done, and I have done a few.  I once did one that required you to take a bunch of pills with every meal and drink nasty tasting teas all the time.  Not to mention you were in the bathroom every 10 minutes.  I did another one that was 21 days long and all you could eat was fruits and vegetables.  It was really tough because I absolutely despise vegetables.  

The Shakeology cleanse is by far the easiest one I have done to date.  You simply have 3 shakes, 2 cups of Green tea, a salad for Dinner with Chicken or White Fish and a Low fat salad dressing.  You are also allowed one or two pieces of fruit for snacks during the day.  You do this for 3 days and you will see results.  

Day 1:

My first day was pretty straightforward.  I had a Chocolate Shake for Breakfast, mixed with water and ice and a cup of Green Tea.  The same for Lunch.  A banana for a snack in the afternon.  Dinner was a Spinach salad (i'm not a fan of lettuce so I substitute spinach in my salads)  with Tilapia and a low fat French dressing.  I then had a third shake a couple hours before bed.

Day 2:

Day 2 my meal plan was a carbon copy of Day 1 (if it ain't broke don't Fix it right?).  Day 2 I struggled a little bit.  I was hungry, not starving.  But, the worst part was that I had a very dull headache from mid morning into the evening.  I assume it was from my lack of caffeine, and the toxins leaving the body.  That's the point of a cleanse after all.


Day 3:

Day 3 I felt great.  I followed the same meal plan only switching up my shake at lunch with the Greenberry flavor.  And, I ended up feeling so full after my dinner salad that I actually skipped my 3rd shake on day 3.  

Results:
9 pounds lost
Finally under 250 lbs. again
Increased energy
I feel full with smaller portions

If you would like to try the Shakeology Cleanse visit my Beachbody Coach website here or click on the Shakeology picture.




No comments: