Haywood Fitness: I Can't Afford to Eat Healthy!

Thursday, January 16, 2014

I Can't Afford to Eat Healthy!


I Can't Afford to Eat Healthy!


The excuse I hear most when I talk to people about eating organic, buying supplements, Shakeology, or workouts is "I can't afford it!". I have even used this excuse myself. What we need to all realize is that at some point we will all HAVE to pay the price. It is up to us whether we want to pay for it now or later. What do I mean by that? I mean that if we don't take care of our health now then down the road we will have huge medical bills, co-pays, prescriptions, etc. to pay on top of being miserable and unhealthy. Look around you! Every time we turn around someone new has cancer, diabetes, open heart surgery etc. Those people are forced to pay big bucks to try to get better or even just stay alive. If we don't want to end up miserable and unhealthy down the road we need to be proactive not reactive!

Supplements-You get what you pay for. If you are buying cheap supplements from a convenience store you are probably throwing your money down the drain. These supplements (vitamins) are so processed that you body isn't actually absorbing any nutrients. You are probably just pooping those bad boys out! If you are going to take supplements you should get them through a whole food supplement such as Standard Process.

Protein/Meal Replacement Drinks-I can't tell you how many people have said to me, "I buy my protein powder in bulk online for ___$". When I look at the ingredients I have no idea what all the crap is that is included with that protein. It isn't quality protein. No wonder it is so cheap! Awesome-you are getting "protein" for dirt cheap-but what else are you polluting your body with along with that?  If you learn one thing from reading this let me share-QUALITY IS BETTER THAN QUANTITY! You get what you pay for. So, just because it is "cheaper" does not make it better.

There are some things that it is okay to go cheap on-toilet paper, shampoo, and other non-name brand products. If you read the back of a jar of pickles and the same ingredients are in Pickle jar A that are in Pickle jar B and Pickle jar B is cheaper then of course buy pickle jar B. It is so important to compare ingredients and 1. understand what the ingredients are and 2. understand why you are paying more for certain better quality ingredients.

I would much rather spend the money up front now buying healthy, organic, and better quality products in order to prevent diseases or bad things from happening then have to spend even more money down the road trying to fix the problems I created by eating crap and not taking care of my body.

But I don't have the money to buy the nicer stuff!!! This is just an excuse to create a roadblock for you on your path to good health. Where can you cut back so that you can afford what is important? Can you cancel Cable T.V.? What about quit going out to eat or buying fast food? Trust me, you will not notice the missing money when you spend it on your health-the only thing you will notice is your body telling you Thank you!

No comments: