Haywood Fitness: My year long weight loss journey

Thursday, June 20, 2013

My year long weight loss journey

My year long weight loss journey


Thirteen months ago I was almost sixty pounds heavier than I am today. That was one beautiful child and one C-section ago. Today I am in my best shape ever! Find out how I did it in one year....



I had to wait almost three months before I could work out after having my first baby. Since I couldn't work out I lost some of my initial weight by drinking Shakeology shakes. I used them as a meal replacement for breakfast or lunch and sometimes both.

Once I could start working out I decided to do the Turbo Fire workout DVD series. I also decided then to become a Beach Body coach for additional motivation. I was still pretty sore and out of shape from the C-section but it definitely jump started my fitness again and motivated me to keep going.

When I finished the Turbo Fire series I still had about twenty more pounds I wanted to lose and it wasn't coming off. I spoke with my nutritionist who suggested I do weight lifting instead of cardio. I found out that when you are really stressed (I was super stressed-new mom, working full time, finishing grad school) if you do cardio sometimes it stresses your body out even more and messes with your cortisol levels and hormones. So, I then decided to start the Body Beast series with my husband. Through that I was able to lose weight and gain ten pounds of muscle. I was more toned and stronger. 

Finally, after completing the Body Beast workouts I still had ten more pounds I wanted to lose. So, I did the Brazil Butt Lift Series for a month while also taking HIT classes at my local gym two nights a week. I wasn't as stressed during this time so my body could handle the cardio again.

Now, I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight and I feel much better than I did before I got pregnant. Unfortunately, my appetite and food cravings I got while pregnant never went away so I fight it by sticking with a healthy diet and working out. It is a lifestyle. I am back into running now (training for a half marathon), I still attend HIT classes, and I rotate between doing Turbo Fire, Brazil Butt Lift, and Body Beast DVD's in the morning before work to maintain my weight and health. I always start my day with a Shakeology shake for breakfast. 

It is hard for people to share their weight loss success because what works for one person doesn't always work for another. It took me an entire year and lots of different workout routines and changes to finally get the results I wanted. I would love to encourage and support you in your weight loss journey as well. I can work with you and offer advice based on the different things I tried. Check out my website and sign up to make me your free fitness coach. 

 Best wishes!

Megan 

No comments: