Haywood Fitness: My Fitness Journey (The Condensed Version)

Saturday, April 13, 2013

My Fitness Journey (The Condensed Version)

34974_446816110361_3901995_n

I was a High School and College athlete. After college I thought that I could continue to eat how I always had before and still remain fit. I ended up gaining about 50 lbs. My boss at the time got me to enter into a 5k run with just 2 days notice and no training. Being a college athlete I had pride and assumed that I could easily complete the 5k. I had a reality check when race day came. I did complete the race but I was disappointed in myself because I had to walk some portions of it and I did not finish in a time that was acceptable for an "athlete of my caliber." So began my fitness journey. From then on I entered many races and started doing P90x with a friend. I ended up losing 30 lbs during the program. I then switched my focus to running more and started running exclusively as my workouts. I then heard of the new Beachbody program Insanity, so i decided to give it a try. It was very intense and I only completed half of the 60 day program. Then in 2010 I decided it was now or never and I signed up for a full marathon. I had completed many other races at that point but none longer than a half marathon. I ran the full marathon, finished and felt great. Shortly after, Life got in the way and my schedule did not allow for much time to workout. I gained all the weight back. Since then I worked our with a trainer twice a week and added a lot of muscle weight. At this time I also started working on my diet with my Chiropractor who also does nutrition. I am feeling great right now since discovering Shakeology and I have it for breakfast everyday. It has helped me lose some of the weight. I am still on the search for my perfect body, and headed in the right direction. I continue to run and lift weights on a regular basis. With all of the knowledge I have learned about fitness over the years I feel like it is only right that I share it with others. If only someone had done the same to me so many years ago... So becoming a Beachbody Coach was a great fit for me and I look forward to the rest of my journey and helping others with theirs.

No comments: